The Community Garden in Maryon Park is throwing open its doors this Saturday as part of Capital Growth’s Urban Harvest event. Its chair TIM ANDERSON explains more…
Get a taste of London's edible gardens by dropping in to Maryon Park Community Garden in Charlton, one of Capital Growth’s flagship gardens, from 10am to 4pm.
Capital Growth is London’s largest food growing network, with over 2,000 gardens throughout the city.
At the Maryon Park Community Organic Food Growing Garden, activities include:
• Tours of the Garden and Forest School.
• Display of photos from the 1966 cult film Blow Up that was shot in Maryon Park.
• Activities for children: Making bird feeders.
• Pizza oven fired up from 12noon, bring your own dough and toppings
• Refreshments: Organic teas & coffee, cake and herb teas
• Jams and Chutney Sale
• Wood Craft Sale with Bird Boxes
• Plant and Cacti Sale
In the Community Garden Forest School area there will be a free Family Outdoor Art Workshop from 2pm to 3pm, lad by Simon Woodward from the Community Outdoor Art Therapy Service.
How to find the Community Garden: Enter Maryon Park from the main entrance in Maryon Road, follow the path to the left past the park lodge and find the Community Garden at the end of the park perimeter fence. Look out for the signs and bunting.
The Charlton Champion needs your support to provide news and information about issues and events in London SE7.
– Help us by telling us your stories
– Become a monthly patron at patreon.com/charltonchampion
– Donate directly to the site at paypal.me/charltonchampion
– Buy Darryl a coffee at ko-fi.com