The Community Garden in Maryon Park is open to all this Saturday as part of Capital Growth’s Urban Harvest event. Its chair TIM ANDERSON explains more…
Community food growing gardens across the capital will be open on Saturday 21st September to welcome visitors and volunteers. Get a taste of London’s edible gardens by dropping in to Maryon Park Community Garden in Charlton, one of Capital Growth’s flagship gardens, from 10.00 am to 4.00 pm. Capital Growth, part of the charity Sustain, is London’s largest food growing network, with over 2,000 gardens throughout the city.
- Tours of the Garden and Forest School.
- Display of photos from the 1966 cult film ‘Blow Up’ that was shot in Maryon Park.
- Activities for children: Making bird feeders.
- Refreshments: Teas & coffee
- Damson Jam and Chutney Sale
- Wood Craft Sale including Bird Boxes
- Plant and succulent Sale
In the Forest School area there will be a free ‘Family Forest School Session’ from 2pm – 3pm led by Chevonne Campbell.
How to find Maryon Park Community Garden
Enter Maryon Park from the main entrance in Maryon Road, follow the path to the left past the park lodge and find the Community Garden at the end of the park perimeter fence. Look out for the signs and bunting.
PLEASE SUPPORT THE CHARLTON CHAMPION
We tell the SE7 stories you won’t read elsewhere. We can’t do it without your help.
– Please tell us about your news and events
– NEW! Advertise your business with us from £10 per week
– Become a monthly supporter at patreon.com/charltonchampion
– Donate to our running costs at paypal.me/charltonchampion