The Charlton and Blackheath branch of the Royal British Legion will be holding its annual wreath-laying ceremonies on Saturday morning, 9 November, with two in Blackheath and two in Charlton. They will be at…
- 10.50am – Greenwich borough war memorial at Maze Hill, at the south-eastern corner of Greenwich Park facing Blackheath
- approximately 11:15am – St. John’s Church, Stratheden Road, Blackheath
- approximately 11:30am – Charlton Village war memorial
- approximately 11:50am – Charlton Cemetery memorial, Cemetery Lane
For Remembrance Sunday, there will be a parade of war veterans in Eltham High Street at 10.45am, while the mayor of Greenwich will hold a two-minute silence to mark the armistice at 11am on Monday 11 November.
PLEASE SUPPORT THE CHARLTON CHAMPION
We tell the SE7 stories you won’t read elsewhere. We can’t do it without your help.
– Please tell us about your news and events
– NEW! Become a monthly supporter at presspatron.com/charltonchampion
– Advertise your business with us from just £9.80/per week