News in from Charlton House about a concert on Friday 16th November, where the Decus Ensemble will be performing a celebration of Black British and African Classical Composers at Charlton House:
plainsightSOUND is a research project by oboist Uchenna Ngwe, exploring, uncovering and promoting the work of Black British and African musicians working in European and West African art or classical music. Although modern composers are included, the main focus is on musicians who were active before the 1970s. The Decus Ensemble will be performing the first concerts in this series, which includes music for instrumental ensemble by Segun Akinola, Errollyn Wallen and Samuel Coleridge-Taylor.
– Saturday 27th October – 2pm, Southwark Cathedral
– Sunday 4th November – 3pm, Sutton House, Hackney
– Friday 16th November – 7.30 pm, Charlton House, Greenwich
Tickets are free but should be booked in advance here.
Support The Charlton Champion
The Charlton Champion provides news and information about issues and events in London SE7.
– Help us by telling us your stories
– Become a monthly patron at patreon.com/charltonchampion
– Buy Neil a coffee at ko-fi.com
– Donate directly to the site at paypal.me/charltonchampion