Can you help? Lost dog found on Cemetery Lane, Charlton

Lost dog, Cemetery Lane

Have you or one of your neighbours lost a dog? Tim Donovan has been in touch to report finding this fine fellow, Winston, on Cemetery Lane. Tim can’t get in touch with his registered owner, who appears to live in Clapham – presumably he wa staying with friend. As nobody would take him, Tim has taken Winston back to his home in Essex.

Can you help? Get in touch with Tim if you can.

Advertisements

About Darryl

This entry was posted in Charlton and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Can you help? Lost dog found on Cemetery Lane, Charlton

1. Becky says:

Hi.
    Seen him in the park before his owner is usually trying to follow him. Maybe they were temporarily separated. If you either take him back to the park or ring local vets.

• Tim Donovan says:

Hi Becky,have took him to local vets. He’s chipped says owner lives in Clsphsm. I live in Essex I couldn’t just leave him and no one wants to take him! Any way you know anyone who knows owner?

2. Tim says:

Becky,are you pretty much sure this is the dog you have seen in the park a few times? And is his owner male or female do you know? And was he always on a lead or just running free? I don’t want to think I have taken him away from a loving owner but have posted stuff on Twitter and Facebook and only response is from you? So not sure the owner is doing much to reclaim him although I could be wrong. I can give you my mobile number to call me if you want?

3. Beverley Wilson says:

Tim
    Somebody has also shared this post on Streetlife, so hopefully there may be a response. I will be driving around that area later today and will look out for lost posters. Have you contacted the Greenwich dog warden?
    Beverley

4. Beverley Wilson says:

Tim
    I drove round by Maryon Wilson park and Cemetery Lane but there are no lost posters up. Also asked at Pets at Home in Charlton Retail Park and they said someone called earlier today asking about a little brown dog but frustratingly did not leave any contact details. I’ve tried ringing Blackheath vets but they are now closed for New year. I don’t think I can do any more until everything opens up again.
    Beverley

5. Tim Donovan says:

Beverley your a star! Thanks ever so much for all your help. Did contact the Greenwich dog warden but as of yesterday around 5.30pm no one had reported a dog of this kind missing. Was reluctant to leave it with any warden as someone told me if they are not re housed after a certain time they can possibly be destroyed and he is only about 2 years old love him. It’s such a shame they didn’t leave contact details with pets at home!! The young lady Becky who is on this thread also recommended the vets in blackheath as well and that was gonna be my next point of call but as you have made contact i will wait to hear from you if there is any info? Your help is very much appreciated and sorry for such slow response as I’m at work stlll and not able to check this as often as I would like. Tim

• Beverley Wilson says:

Tim
      There’s a couple more vets and a pet shop I can try when they reopen. Also don’t mind putting up some found posters if you want. Let me know what you think.
      Beverley

6. Tim says:

Thanks very much Beverley for trying. I think it’s best to leave putting posters up and leave it to the owner. I’m just very surprised that the owner hasn’t done that yet or tried a bit harder to find him? Maybe he was abandon who knows? The name on the microchip and the address are a long way from Charlton and the mobile number is switched off and just keeps going into answerphone. I will be that way again on Monday and will have a look round where I found him. Until then we will wait and see of anyone makes contact. Feel free though to ring any local vets. Your help is very much appreciated. Tim

• Beverley Wilson says:

Hi Tim
      Any luck? I’ve left details with three vets, the pet shop at the Standard and the cafe in Charlton Park. Blackheath vets suggest you contact Battersea as the keep a list and found register
      Regards
      Beverley

7. CharltonNewbie says:

It may be that the owner has moved and that the chip details are out of date- I know we didn’t update ours immediately when we moved to Charlton. Have you tried tracking the person down on social media? I have 2 dogs and I can’t imagine losing them and not trying to find them again, so sad to read 😦

8. Tim says:

Hi Beverley,went past where I found him today and knocked on a few doors but no luck. Went into Charlton park and Maryon Wilson park,no posters up and no posters on lampposts etc. Went back to the vet i originally took him too who said the owner that he’s chipped too has still not made contact. As Charton Newbie says it looks like the person who had him chipped in June last year either lost him,gave him away or just didn’t want him? There are endless possibilities sadly and we have gone through them all in our heads. He stayed with me for a couple of days and was as good as gold and followed me everywhere. But we have another dog and didn’t want to leave them in together just in case,although they got on ok my greyhound did get a fraction jealous. He is staying at my sister in laws at the moment and has been fine apart from he wee’d on the bed when left for a little while today. Other than that he’s very loving but needs a lot of attention and exercise,they are not sure they can keep him if owner isn’t found so we might take him on for a few weeks and see how it goes as we have all become quite attached to him. Will let you know on here of what we decide or if owver is found. Thanks for all your help it’s nice to know people really do care. X

• Beverley Wilson says:

Hi Tim
      You could drive yourself mad wondering what happened. He certainly found the right person in you to help him. As a last ditch attempt I can have resurrected the post on Streetlife, I was surprised nobody replied to it but maybe people were away for the holidays.
      Best wishes
      Beverley

9. Tim Donovan says:

Hi Beverley,sorry so slow in replying. With work and everything else it’s all a bit manic at the moment. Anything is worth a try so if you want to do that that’s fine with me. I don’t want to think I have took him away from a loving home and someone is missing him. Me and my wife are going to drive over to Charton Park Saturday morning around 11am and walk him with our other dog,your quite welcome to meet us there and meet him yourself,that includes Becky who is on here and Charlton Newbie. The idea was that he seems to know his bearings here very well just in a few day and we feel he may just know where he is and take us back to his home😁Don’t hold out much hope but it’s worth a try. Also somebody may recognise him?We are taking him back to our local vet tomo to see if they can write to the address on the chip and see if we get any luck there. Other than that I’m not sure there is much else we can do. Thanks once again for all you have done to help. Tim X

• Beverley Wilson says:

Hi Tim
      Sorry we won’t be able to join you for the dog walk as I have a class in the morning. However, we have to go to the Village so may stick our noses in the White Swan after 12 noon.

Good luck with the detective work.
      Beverley

10. CharltonNewbie says:

Hi Tim, I take my two along to the park often, and when they are totally worn out I pop round the corner to the Swan for a drink. I’ll head down to the park round 11 on Sat with 2 french bulldogs to keep Winston company 🙂

11. Tim Donovan says:

Hi Beverly,Charlton Newbie and Becky. Some extremely good news! We have found the loving owners. We have spoken on that phone to them and will be taking the gorgeous little fella back to them tomo. They won’t be in till after 1pm so what our intentions are is to bring him over and take him for a little walk in the area and then pop into The White Swan around 12.30 ish and have a quick drink before we take him back so would be nice to say thanks to you they have helped and get you a drink, and can tell you all about it. There will be me my wife sister in law and brother in law who were looking after him whilst we tried to find the owners so you should recognise us😄Hopefully see you tomo. X

Thread of the year in the bag already. Fantastic job by all. Well done!

13. Tim Donovan says:

Thanks Chris,always good to have a happy ending. Was lovely to meet Beverley in the pub yesterday and we had a good chat before we left to take him back. Just to let you know the owner was over the moon that he was back and had walked the streets quite a few times and in the pouring rain in hope of finding him,and had been worried sick something had happened to him. He got out of a gap in the back garden where a tree had been uprooted in all the winds we have had lately. The owner has filled the gap in so let’s hope he can’t escape again. Thanks to everyone once again. And if anyone of you on the thread wants to add me on Facebook its Tim Donovan and if anyone’s on Twitter wants to follow me it’s @The_Don_THFC. Would be nice to keep in touch. All the best. Tim X

Comments are closed.