You might not know about St Richard’s Church Hall – it’s tucked away on Swallowfield Road, just off Victoria Way. It’s an important venue for the Charlton Central Residents Association as well as other local groups. It’s run by St Luke’s Church, which is seeking your views on its future. It says…
The Parochial Church Council (PCC) of St Luke’s Church, Charlton is seeking views for the future use of St Richard’s Church Hall. Terms of reference as follows have been agreed:
“To identify and assess all possible options for the future of St Richard’s, taking into account:
* the value of St Richard’s in advancing the Christian mission of the parish;
* the running costs, maintenance costs, depreciation and likely capital cost requirements for St Richard’s as it stands;
* the potential revenue from the use of St Richard’s by community groups and others;
* the options for promoting the use of St Richard’s and increasing the role it plays in the community;
* alternative options for moving forward; and
* to report back to the PCC by 30 November 2015.
St Richard’s is an important venue that could have a bright future – indeed, considering the costly room hire costs at Charlton House and the Assembly Rooms, the loss of the Conservative Club and the shrinking of the Liberal Club, community space is at a premium in Charlton. If you want to feed into the consultation, visit its website to find out how.