Got green finders? Charlton Community Gardens would like you to join them for their gardening party this Sunday morning.
This coming Sunday, July 3rd, we have our Gardening Party from 10 am until 12 noon at Charlton Station. Gardening experience isn’t necessary, but please bring some gloves, if you have them. We have tools for you to use.
Please join us as close to 10 am as you can because if the weather changes, or the tasks listed below are completed, we go home.
The tasks for Sunday:
– general weed and litter pick
– tie up any climbers
– remove acanthus from the pollinator-friendly area
– continue the audit of flowering plants in the pollinator-friendly area
– prune the Cornus in the station bed
– tie in/cut back climbers on the back wall, including the vine
– move bark chippings away from base of raised beds
– other tasks as identified on the day
You can find out more about Charlton Community Gardens at charltoncommunitygardens.org.uk.
LIKE WHAT THE CHARLTON CHAMPION DOES? HELP US KEEP IT GOING
We tell the SE7 stories you won’t read elsewhere. And we’ll do the others better than anyone else. But it won’t survive without your help.