The coronavirus emergency has seen demand for Greenwich Foodbank rocket. Some of the food bank’s regular donation points have been closed, but two local households have stepped up to the mark by hosting collections in their front gardens…
- There is a cardboard box left outside 49 Banchory Road (between Charlton Road and Old Dover Road) all day, every day, where you can leave food that is in date and in closed packaging – the box will be taken to the food bank a couple of times a week.
- There is a second garden collection outside 59 Delafield Road, but this is only between 2pm and 3pm on Tuesdays. More on the Charlton Central Residents Association website.
Supermarket collection points at the Sainsbury’s and Asda branches on Bugsbys Way remain open. Check on the Greenwich Foodbank website for what’s needed (UHT milk is the big shortage right now).
You can also donate cash – Charlton resident Nick Buckland’s appeal for the food bank has passed the £20,000 mark. Can you make it £21,000?
PLEASE SUPPORT THE CHARLTON CHAMPION
We tell the SE7 stories you won’t read elsewhere. We can’t do it without your help.
– Please tell us about your news and events
– Become a monthly supporter at presspatron.com/charltonchampion
– Advertise your business with us from just £9.80/per week
– Celebrate our neighbourhood and order postcards or a print