A message from Maryon Park Community Garden…
Community food growing gardens across the capital will be open throughout Saturday 16 September 2017, to welcome in visitors and volunteers to take part in free garden activities and workshops.
Get a taste of London’s edible gardens by dropping in to Maryon Park Community Garden in Charlton, one of Capital Growth’s flagship gardens, from 10.00 am to 4.00 pm. Capital Growth is London’s largest food growing network, with over 2,000 gardens throughout the city.
At the Maryon Park Community Organic Food Growing Garden’s Urban Harvest, activities include:
• Tours of the Garden and Forest School.
• Display of photos from the 1966 cult film ‘Blow Up’ that was shot in Maryon Park.
• Activities for children: Making lavender bags and bird feeders.
• Pizza Oven fired up from 12 noon, bring your own dough and toppings
• Refreshments: Organic teas & coffee, cake and herb teas
• Fundraising activities: Jam and Plant, Craft Sale
In the Community Garden Forest School area there will be a free Family Magic Show
by PJ the Magical Clown at 12 noon and Outdoor Art Workshops from 1pm.
Enter Maryon Park from the main entrance in Maryon Road, follow the path past the park lodge and find the Community Garden at the end of the park perimeter fence. Look out for the bunting.