Gemma Murray on Demelza Snowflake Swim at Char… Peter Cordwell on Charlton church’s winter… charltonlane on Charlton church’s winter… MiceElf on Charlton church’s winter… sarah davidson on Charlton church’s winter…
- Jubilee line suspended and Southeastern Trains still delayed through Charlton. https://t.co/YYQAMC1M8A 10 hours ago
- RT @jubileeline: No service between North Greenwich and Stratford due to a faulty train. Severe delays on the rest of the line. 10 hours ago
- Children's Book Swap at @charlton_house on Saturday 11th February. charltonchampion.co.uk/2017/01/24/chi… 12 hours ago
- Children’s Book Swap at Charlton House; Saturday 11th February
- Charlton church’s winter night shelter gets council grant
- Demelza Snowflake Swim at Charlton Lido: take a winter dip for charity
- Charlton & Woolwich Free Film Festival 2017: get involved!
- Dirty Charlton: Councillors to discuss Greenwich’s struggling street cleaning service
- Large amount of garden waste dumped, 24th January January 24, 2017
- Broken pallets and broken signage, 24th January January 24, 2017
- Large amount of fly tipped waste, 24th January January 24, 2017
- Flytipping in Maryon Wilson Animal Park, 24th January January 24, 2017
- Abandoned car, top of Harvey Gdns, 23rd January January 23, 2017
Copyright notice© 2010-16. No part of this website may be reused elsewhere without written permission.
Monthly Archives: November 2010
Slow going around and about today, with wrecked train services and slushy roads – the 380 bus service diverted away from its usual route, despite the attention of the council’s gritters on Charlton Lane and Charlton Church Lane. But it … Continue reading
I’ve always thought that the houses on the corner of Lansdowne Lane have one of the best views in London from their back windows.
You know the drill. You’re minding your own business, walking down the road, then a car pulls up. The window winds down, and a confused face appears. “‘Scuse me… do you know where Bramshot Avenue is?” Thousands of vehicles pass … Continue reading
The Thames Path foot tunnel, from Neil Clasper. Incidentally, Neil has some wonderful new photos of Charlton on his website.
Today’s announcement of a royal wedding got me thinking back 30 years, and how similar these times feel to the early 1980s. More specifically, it got me thinking back to 29 July 1981, when Prince William’s dad got married – … Continue reading
From CAFC fan site Charlton Life, a message from contributor Tom Hovi: On 14th November 1940, Invicta Road School near Blackheath Standard, was being used as an Auxiliary Fire Station when it was destroyed by a Parachute Mine killing 12 … Continue reading
Outside St Luke’s Church. There are wreath-laying ceremonies on Sunday morning here, and also at Charlton cemetery.