Our readers care about their community and want to support local business. Your money (minus Sakaza’s commission) will be staying local, helping build up Flyover Media, a Charlton-based community interest company providing independent local media in SE London, including this site.
All you need to do is fill out a form, and within minutes you can have a simple and elegant ad waiting to appear on our website. You can start now, or read on for more…
Why advertise with The Charlton Champion?
- We’ve an unrivalled local audience of people who live and work in Charlton and nearby areas – an audience that cares about its area, and wants to know more about it. Including your business.
- In the first six months of 2019 alone, we’ve reached 75,000 unique users, almost as many as in the whole of 2018.
- Nobody delivers free newspapers in the area now – apart from Greenwich Council, whose fortnightly you probably put in the bin
- We’ve been running since 2010, and have a track record of honest, robust reporting and supporting community events
- Unlike rivals run from miles away, we support and champion our community, getting out and about
- By advertising with us, you are supporting local grassroots journalism – your money stays in the area
What does it cost?
- Our ads are sold on a tenancy basis. If you book a slot, it’s yours for the period you pay for – a week, two weeks, or more.
- We have three slots for ads – it is £16 per week to have the prime top right-hand corner slot, and £10 per week for one of the two text-only slots slightly further down the page. Both slots appear at the foot of a mobile page
- The longer you book for, the cheaper your ad gets. Play around with the picker when booking your ad to see what happens to the price when you book for longer
- If the date(s) you want are greyed out on the calendar, they have already been booked by another advertiser
- New ads go live at midnight, so you never pay for less than a full week’s worth of advertising.
It’s easy to design an ad
- Keep the message simple and easy to read
- Choose a simple, clear photo of your premises or product, not a poster or flyer packed with text
- Make sure that you own the rights to any photo you use with your ad – no nicking other people’s pictures
- You can direct your potential customers to an email address or phone number rather than a website
- You can change the text of your ad once it’s live – so you could include special offers or your latest menu
Spread the word about your business or event
- This type of advertising is best for awareness-raising
- If you’re new to online advertising you might be surprised by the relatively low click-through rate. Think about how you browse websites – when was the last time you clicked on an ad?
- Sakaza will give you some basic stats about your advert and how often it’s been viewed. If you’d like help understanding what these mean, contact us and we’ll be happy to set them in context.
Useful things to know
- Your transaction will appear on your card statement as Self Serve Advertising
- You will receive a receipt for your payment by email from Sakaza.io
- You’ll also get an email about signing in to Sakaza – click the link in this email to view the stats for your ad.
- Your ad will appear on the website once it has been reviewed and approved by The Charlton Champion team
- Sakaza is a product of Reach plc, the owner of the Daily Mirror, Daily Express and a host of regional and local titles
- We can’t accept cash or cheques for this service
- If you need help, drop us a line at charltonchampion.se7[at]gmail.com. If you’re in the Charlton area, we can set things up for you in person if needed
- Flyover Media CIC, which publishes The Charlton Champion, is not registered for VAT, so VAT is not applicable when you place an advertisement on our website.
The small print
Advertising on The Charlton Champion website is accepted at the sole discretion of Flyover Media CIC and we reserve the right to decline advertisements which we feel are incompatible with our values. If we decline your advert, your payment will be refunded. If you’re unsure whether your advertisement would be appropriate, please send us an email.
When you place an ad on The Charlton Champion with Sakaza it is your responsibility to ensure you comply with all relevant legislation. You can read the Code of Non-broadcast Advertising and Direct & Promotional Marketing which explains in detail the requirement for advertising to be “legal, decent, honest and truthful”.