Last October we reported that Charlton Park had received a share of a £1 million Greenwich Council fund to improve local parks.
The cash is due to go to:
- Modernise, repair and redecorate the sports changing rooms
- Improve the playground
- Help create the wildlife meadow
- Various repairs: footpaths, benches, bins, the boundary wall, repainting gates and railings
- New signage at the car park entrance
- Marked and measured route markers
The Friends of Charlton Park is asking for your views on where the money should be spent. The group says: “Green spaces should be for everyone, so let us know what would tempt you outside! For example, better lighting in winter may help people who are concerned about safety to feel comfortable spending time outside even after it gets dark around 4pm.”
When the council asked for suggestions last year, the suggestions for Charlton Park included additional toilets and maintenance as well as picnic area improvements, more bins and floodlights in the skatepark.
To find out how to have your say, visit The Friends of Charlton Park.
PLEASE SUPPORT THE CHARLTON CHAMPION
We tell the SE7 stories you won’t read elsewhere. We can’t do it without your help.
– Please tell us about your news and events
– Become a monthly supporter at presspatron.com/charltonchampion
– Donate to our running costs at paypal.me/charltonchampion