Dirty windows and smelly bins – who can help?

Brenda asks…

I have some questions on boring household stuff – I am looking for a window cleaner for the SE7 area. I’m also after a reliable wheely bin cleaner. Not like the one I used before who turned up the second time and collected the money in the secret place without doing the ruddy cleaning. I’ve asked a few to call me back but no joy. My bins are kicking up a stink!

Can anyone help?

About Darryl Chamberlain

This entry was posted in Charlton. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Dirty windows and smelly bins – who can help?

Excellent, this is what a local blog is all about!

Brenda, our window cleaner is excellent and only four quid for the front of the (terraced) house.

I’ve tried to look him up on the web, but no joy so will see if I’ve got any of his old cards.

As for stinky bins, I agree, my food waste bin is so bad the flies give it a miss…..

2. Brenda says:

Thanks Chris.

3. Sarah says:

Hi Brenda, I already replied to this under Suggest a Topic – see the link on the right-hand side.

4. Brenda says:

Thanks Sarah. Just tried the window number but he wasn’t very helpful. In fact he put the phone down on me. I better improve my telephone manner.

Back at home and I’ve not been able to find a receipt or anything. I know he’s called Squeaky Clean or somesuch, but I just can’t track him down.

But now for a spot of serendipity. A window cleaner has just knocked on the door touting for trade!

I’m happy with Sqweeky Kleen or whatever, but this guy’s number is 07990 572016.Seemed nice enough but first I’ve seen of him so I can’t reccommend him from personal experience.

If he puts the phone down on you I am available for phone training, at 250 spons a session……

6. Sarah says:

Oh dear, that’s not good. I checked the number and it’s definitely the one I gave you. They have an email address as well which is n.ailenei@yahoo.com.

7. Brenda says:

Nikki who sometimes posts on here gave me a number for Nick and Gabi which was completely different to the one you gave me but wasn’t connected. This guys english wasnt very good so may be he just didnt understand what i was saying.

Thanks Chris. What a coincidence when they seem to be so hard to get hold of. Ill give him a call shortly, after i do a bit of phone practice.

Let us know what happens! If the guy can’t fit you in I’ll look out for the Squeaky Clean number.

Hmmm, should we start up a page of useful local tradesmen like Greenwich Phantom does?

What do you think Darryl?

• Brenda says:

Paranoia is setting in now. I tried your new guy and left a message, that was yesterday and still no response.

I’ve now tried the email to Nick and Gabi that Sarah gave and will see if i get a response.

9. Darryl says:

I’m not sure how the list would differ from the Phantom’s, to be honest, but if there’s a way of doing it which means as little work as possible at this end… :-)

10. Nat says:

I don’t know if they are any good as I’ve not got round to trying them yet but a lot of people in the streets around me use Wheelie World 020 8854 6050. This was two years ago so they might not still be going – I utilise my Better-half and a hose!

11. Brenda says:

I have had some success as I have had a response to the email I sent so hopefully Nick will be visiting next Saturday.

Thanks everyone.

Well Brenda??!

• Brenda says:

Sorry, the window cleaner Nick, wont be visiting until Saturday week. Your guy never called back by the way.

Have to wait for the wheely bin cleaning, until someone can be in on a Tuesday.

To resurrect this ancient thread. Brenda, did you get your window cleaner sorted?

If not, Squeeky Clean’s number is 0208 856-0492. He was around the other day and I immediately thought of this thread, how sad is that!!

Cheers.