Paul C on Skaters’ dream or counci… fromthemurkydepths on Weekend night buses for route… MiceElf on Sign of the times? New Sainsbu… Chris on Sign of the times? New Sainsbu… Raymond G Smith on Sign of the times? New Sainsbu…
- Charlton Park skatepark petition-off update: FOR, 355 names change.org/p/greenwich-co… AGAINST, still just 20 names change.org/p/greenwich-co… 11 hours ago
- RT @TheCharltonSoc: PLANNING ALERT - Valley House application comes to Planning Board Tuesday 2 June @ 6:30pm - see details below. #SE7 htt… 1 day ago
- Charlton Park petition-off latest: FOR a skatepark - 253 names change.org/p/greenwich-co… AGAINST skatepark - 20 names change.org/p/greenwich-co… 1 day ago
- ‘The Essence of Love’ – latest production from The Alexandra Players
- Weekend night buses for route 486, but cut planned for the N1
- 70 firefighters battle blaze at Charlton Sainsbury’s depot
- Cheerio to the Charlton Mercury
- Fix the 53: Charlton Society launches petition to restore full bus service to Whitehall
- RT @darryl1974: Woolwich Dockyard Estate. What's with the property guardians in Defiance Walk - is it coming down? #derelictwoolwich http:/… 1 day ago
- RT @darryl1974: Winston Churchill once arrived at this pier to raise locals' morale in the Blitz #derelictwoolwich http://t.co/aTVmluTS0L 1 day ago
- RT @civic_voice: @TheCharltonSoc #WarMemorial Workshop in #Greenwich at the @charlton_house register to attend the workshop here http://t.c… 1 day ago
- RT @darryl1974: The Royal Oak pub, North Woolwich. Lost its upper floors in the blitz. Cellar now flooded. #derelictwoolwich http://t.co/ea… 1 day ago
- RT @darryl1974: Old pumping station manager's house, North Woolwich #derelictwoolwich http://t.co/jmfARp1CXp 1 day ago
- Don't forget it's the @Royal_Greenwich Open Day on Saturday in Maryon Wilson Park! Expect all your usual favourites from 10am - 4pm! 1 week ago
- RT @sallyb113: @MWAnimalPark Come rain or shine we will be selling PLANTS today from 5.00-6.00pm (or until we have sold out) http://t.co/C… 1 week ago
- RT @sallyb113: @MWAnimalPark Plant Sale at Charlton Community Gardens, SE7 @CCG_charlton – Tomorrow Thursday 14 May at 5.00pm http://t.co/… 1 week ago
- Thank you to the now 300 locals who signed supporting a new skatepark in Charlton Park. #SE7 change.org/p/greenwich-co… http://t.co/ve3EHMf3aN 1 day ago
- Thank you to the 250 locals who have signed supporting a new skatepark in Charlton Park. change.org/p/greenwich-co… http://t.co/AZuRX1hlBr 1 day ago
- If you have kids and live locally please join the 108 people who have signed this supporting the new skatepark... twitter.com/MaryonWilsonSE… 2 days ago
- RT @ManagerU18s: Proud moment 4 @Blackheathjnr U18s last night presenting a well deserved gift to long time Coach John Bozier #oneclub http… 2 days ago
- RT @BWRFC: It's been a tough & brilliant season! Thanks to all @TrevorWAllman @blackheathrugby @Blackheathjnr @KentRFUW bring on the next s… 2 days ago
- RT @jerseyrfc: August pre-season (Sat 15th) match against @scarlets_rugby sponsored by @CPAGlobal - Islanders also face @blackheathrugby on… 2 days ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Copyright notice© 2010-15. No part of this website may be reused elsewhere without written permission.
Monthly Archives: November 2010
Slow going around and about today, with wrecked train services and slushy roads – the 380 bus service diverted away from its usual route, despite the attention of the council’s gritters on Charlton Lane and Charlton Church Lane. But it … Continue reading
I’ve always thought that the houses on the corner of Lansdowne Lane have one of the best views in London from their back windows.
You know the drill. You’re minding your own business, walking down the road, then a car pulls up. The window winds down, and a confused face appears. “‘Scuse me… do you know where Bramshot Avenue is?” Thousands of vehicles pass … Continue reading
The Thames Path foot tunnel, from Neil Clasper. Incidentally, Neil has some wonderful new photos of Charlton on his website.
Today’s announcement of a royal wedding got me thinking back 30 years, and how similar these times feel to the early 1980s. More specifically, it got me thinking back to 29 July 1981, when Prince William’s dad got married – … Continue reading
From CAFC fan site Charlton Life, a message from contributor Tom Hovi: On 14th November 1940, Invicta Road School near Blackheath Standard, was being used as an Auxiliary Fire Station when it was destroyed by a Parachute Mine killing 12 … Continue reading
Outside St Luke’s Church. There are wreath-laying ceremonies on Sunday morning here, and also at Charlton cemetery.