J Mark Dodds on White Swan freeholder Mendoza… J Mark Dodds on White Swan freeholder Mendoza… Geoff Hetherington on White Swan freeholder Mendoza… The Charlton Society on White Swan freeholder Mendoza… ThePirateKing on White Swan freeholder Mendoza…
- RT @SwanPubSE7: Soul @ the swan tonight from 8:30pm get in early! its going to be a busy one! @StrangeMuseum playing the greatest tunes in … 17 hours ago
- Still a nasty niff in the air around Charlton station this morning - any thoughts @thameswater @Royal_Greenwich? twitter.com/jojojolovell/s… 1 day ago
- RT @NoSilvertownTnl: Big news: Lewisham Council votes to oppose TfL's Silvertown Tunnel silvertowntunnel.co.uk/2015/11/26/lew… https://t.co/ggZB8uuA1h 1 day ago
- Nightswimming: late opening at Charlton Lido
- Charlton ward report from Cllr Gary Parker: Planning issues, Charlton House, community engagement
- Silvertown Tunnel consultation comes to Charlton House: Six reasons why the toxic tunnel’s a rotten idea
- White Swan freeholder Mendoza plans two houses at back of revived pub
- The White Swan spreads its wings: Food, a beer festival, Northern Soul and a writers’ night
Copyright notice© 2010-15. No part of this website may be reused elsewhere without written permission.
Monthly Archives: November 2010
Slow going around and about today, with wrecked train services and slushy roads – the 380 bus service diverted away from its usual route, despite the attention of the council’s gritters on Charlton Lane and Charlton Church Lane. But it … Continue reading
I’ve always thought that the houses on the corner of Lansdowne Lane have one of the best views in London from their back windows.
You know the drill. You’re minding your own business, walking down the road, then a car pulls up. The window winds down, and a confused face appears. “‘Scuse me… do you know where Bramshot Avenue is?” Thousands of vehicles pass … Continue reading
The Thames Path foot tunnel, from Neil Clasper. Incidentally, Neil has some wonderful new photos of Charlton on his website.
Today’s announcement of a royal wedding got me thinking back 30 years, and how similar these times feel to the early 1980s. More specifically, it got me thinking back to 29 July 1981, when Prince William’s dad got married – … Continue reading
From CAFC fan site Charlton Life, a message from contributor Tom Hovi: On 14th November 1940, Invicta Road School near Blackheath Standard, was being used as an Auxiliary Fire Station when it was destroyed by a Parachute Mine killing 12 … Continue reading
Outside St Luke’s Church. There are wreath-laying ceremonies on Sunday morning here, and also at Charlton cemetery.